Link Smorgasbord, February 2015

This Guy Has the Best Books Displays Ever
Serious inspiration for me to not only step up my game, but to maybe stop worry about coming across a bit too naughty in my book displays.

Writing About Rape
Rape in is a difficult area.  Rape happens, and it is a profoundly traumatic experience, so of course we see it in fiction.  But how it is treated is often problematic, and something that has ruined many books for me.  I found this a really good addressing of the subject.

Custom Book Signage
Because we've all thought it...


SFF Sexier Than Fifty Shades of Grey
I can say that the book son this list that I have read are phenomenal.  Those that I haven't yet read are floating around on my "to read" list.

9 Erotica Books That Should Be More Famous Than “Fifty Shades Of Grey”
Ok, I've actually read none of the books on this list (though I can think of a few that should be added).  What I can say is that many of the books on this list I have seen brought up regularly in the "what to read instead of/in addition to" Fifty Shades.  The Crossfire series is getting a lot of attention as a to read in addition to, and being hailed as in the style of Fifty Shades... though it actually predates Fifty Shades by a bit, but was not something publishers were interested in at the time.

Google's Vint Cerf warns of 'digital Dark Age'
TL;DR - digital isn't really a great for long term archives.

This Badass Computer Pioneer Is Finally Getting Her Due
Grace Hopper is one of those bad-ass women that I didn't learn about until working on my Masters.

Surprise! America Already Has a Manhattan Project for Developing Cyber Attacks
On cybersecurity.

I tried to use the Internet to do historical research. It was nearly impossible.
On navigating the ridiculous amount of data out there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Book Review] Battle of the Linguist Mages

[Book Review] When Sorrows Come

[Book Review] You Sexy Thing