Updating OverDrive Media Console Tip

Working from home today I decided to grab an audio book from my library's OverDrive collection.  Generally when using OverDrive audiobooks I limit myself to mp3 so that I can load the files onto my tablet and listen to in the car.  Since I'm on my home computer, a wma wouldn't be an issue.

So when I go to actually use OverDrive Media Console I find out there's an update available (3.2 to 3.0).  And things didn't work quite as planned.

Issue One - choosing the option to update just opens a new browser window to my homepage.

Solution - go directly to http://omc.overdrive.com/ and choose the correct version

Issue Two - something went wrong during the install involving a .dll and other sundry.  Retrying the install doesn't work, continuing the install doesn't work, and canceling the install leaves you with a broken install of ODMC 3.2

Solution - uninstall ODMC, then rerun the install package.  If you are not familiar with uninstalling software (for Windows 7 users) go to Control Panel - Programs (Uninstall a Program or through Programs and Features), find the program on the programs list, click on it to select it, then press the Uninstall button above the list.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Book Review] Battle of the Linguist Mages

[Book Review] When Sorrows Come

[Book Review] You Sexy Thing