[Book Review] A Deadly Education

A Deadly Education (Lesson One of the Scholomance) / Naomi Novik

You ever finish a book and end up furious that it's over?  That there's not more?  That you have to wait for the next book to come out?

Yeah, that's me with this book.

The fact that I got to read this book several months early just makes it worse, because it means I have to wait that much longer for book two.

I wanted to throw my phone across the room in frustration that I'd read the last page and there was no more to read.

Don't get me wrong.  I knew there was going to be at least a second book, if not more, and not just because the cover says "Lesson One."  You can tell early on that this is a story too big for a single book.

When the story gets started you're OK that it's not going to be contained to this single volume, but then before you know it the story is barrelling forward and you're caught up in the action.  You can see the end coming, the story arc is utterly satisfying, but still when the end comes you're just not ready as a reader to put the book down and walk away.

My only hope is the knowledge that Novik writes at a blistering speed, because I am very invested in seeing how this story continues.

Advanced Reader Copy copy courtesy of Penguin RandomHouse via Netgalley; differences may exist between uncorrected galley text and the final edition.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Book Review] Battle of the Linguist Mages

[Book Review] When Sorrows Come

[Book Review] You Sexy Thing