[Book Review] Devil at the Crossroads

Devil at the Crossroads / Cornelia Grey

So as it turns out, when insomnia hits and I start browsing NetGalley at 3 am for something to read I end up with some random smut in the mix.  I'm also behind on my reviews, so this and my next review are on books with naughty times.

A man meets a devil at the crossroads at midnight to sell his soul to be a great blues musician and fame.  Six years later he has squandered his fame and the devil has come to collect his due.  Our musician learns a little about the importance of exact wording, is had seven ways from Sunday by a devil for one night, then sent back out into the world to become an actual great bluesman with little more than the clothes on his back and the guitar in his hand for the rest of his mortal life.

I think my favorite part was the play with word choices and bargain fulfillment.  Definitely a bit naughty, but to be honest, I expected a story where a devil uses someone as their sex slave (even if just for one night) to be far more salacious.  The focus seems to be more on the story and the lust of life rather than the exertions in bed.  Devil at the Crossroads is a short book but it tells a story.

Advanced Reader Copy copy courtesy of Netgalley; differences may exist between uncorrected galley text and the final edition.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Book Review] Battle of the Linguist Mages

[Book Review] When Sorrows Come

[Book Review] You Sexy Thing